Pinnacle Point Golf Course in Pinnacle Point, Mossel Bay, Western Cape
"The best golf course on the planet"
The Pinnacle Point Golf Course is situated in Mossel Bay in the Western Cape, South Africa.
The course is an 18-hole, Par 72 Parklands Championship course. It is 6 460 metres long and was designed by Peter Matcovich, a well-known South African golf course architect.
Darren Clarke, top Irish Tour Golf Professional was involved in many aspects of the design and together with Peter Matcovich they opened the course in November 2006. In January 2007 the course was selected as one of the Top Ten New Golf Courses of the World by Travel & Leisure.
All 18 holes fit the contours of the land and this clifftop golf course is characterized by 7 majestic holes that line the Indian Ocean rock cliffs offering dramatic views. Four of these holes are played over ocean and cliff. The course has a challenging layout which leaves golfers with a feeling of respect for the course and a desire to return.
The course has received the ultimate accolade and has been recognized for its outstanding service standards by being awarded the Complete Golfer 5-Star Experience Award – it truly offers an exceptional experience!
Multiple Reasons To Visit
- Designed by renowned golf course architect Peter Matkovich.
- Opened in 2006, rated among top ten new courses in the world.
- Currently rated among top 20 courses in South Africa.
- Complete Golfer 5-star Experience Award in 2012 & 2013
- 7 kms of fairways; 80 bunkers; the Indian Ocean the only water hazard.
- No caddies - carts only.
- 180° sea views from the whole course.
- Driving Range
- Bunker, putting and practice area
- Golf Cart Hire
- Pro Shop on site for golfing essentials and memorabilia.
- Men’s and Ladies Locker Rooms
- Restaurant & Bar
- Venue Hire
- Golf and accommodation packages available.
Green fees are between R30 and R825. Prices are subject to change so it is recommended that interested parties contact the Golf Course directly. Guests are welcome everyday.
Summer months, November to March will have average temperatures of between 16˚C and 27˚C with high rainfall in March and October.
Winter months, May to August will have average temperatures of between 7˚C and 21˚C with the lowest rainfall in June and July.
Commercial Airlines offer flights into George Airport, 50 km from Mossel Bay. Car hire facilities are located at the Airports.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: