Politique de confidentialité
1. Information We May Collect From YouWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site pathfinda.com (
our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Travel Directory Sàrl and when you report a problem with our site.
- 1.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- 1.3 We may also ask you to voluntarily complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- 1.4 Details of transactions you carry out through our site, if any, and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- 1.5 Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, service provider page viewing statistics and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- 1.6 Details posted by you pursuant to reviews of service provider offerings.
2. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and/or service providers. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
- 3.2 A cookie is a small parcel of information which is stored on your computer when you visit a website. If you return to the website, the cookie shows that it is a repeat visit. The cookie contains no personal data. The cookie cannot be used to identify you on the websites of third parties, including the website of the analysis provider. Cookies can additionally be used to store your preferred settings, e.g. language and country settings, so that they will be immediately available on your next visit. We do not use the IP addresses or cookies to identify you personally. We use the web analysis system in order to raise the efficiency of our web site.
4. Where We Store Your Personal Data
- 4.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Republic of South Africa (
- 4.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We will not be processing any payments and any payment transactions will be between you and the service providers directly.
- 4.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses Made of the Information
- 5.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 5.1.1 To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 5.1.2 To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, if any.
- 5.1.3 To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- 5.1.4 To notify you about changes to our products and/or services.
- 5.1.5 To remind you to update your information on your listing.
- 5.1.6 To inform our agents of your current listing status for update purposes and reports.
- 5.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about offerings and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these .
- 5.3 If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data .
- 5.4 We do not disclose information about users to our advertisers and/or service providers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement and/or web page on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers and/or service providers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, individuals in the province of Gauteng). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and/or service provider’s wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- 6.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
- 6.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 6.2.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- 6.2.2 If Travel Directory Sàrl or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. Your Rights
- 7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us. 7.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, service providers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access To Information
Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (
PAIA) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with PAIA. Any access request may be subject to a fee for meeting our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This Policy was last amended on 26 August 2013.