Pathfinda
ontdek jou geheime plek

Bergville was laid out in 1897 by a retired sea captain.

Two years later, at the onset of the Anglo-Boer War, the British forces built a blockhouse which stands in the grounds of the Courthouse.

This low, corrugated iron, concrete and earth shelter is the last authentic blockhouse surviving in KwaZulu Natal and has been declared a Monument and turned into a Museum.

Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: