Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse in Bergville, KwaZulu-Natal
Bergville was laid out in 1897 by a retired sea captain.
Two years later, at the onset of the Anglo-Boer War, the British forces built a blockhouse which stands in the grounds of the Courthouse.
This low, corrugated iron, concrete and earth shelter is the last authentic blockhouse surviving in KwaZulu Natal and has been declared a Monument and turned into a Museum.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: