University of Pretoria (UP) (Gordon Institute of Business Science Campus) (GIBS) in Illovo, Sandton, Gauteng
The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) is situated in Sandton within easy access to the business centre and amenities of this area in Johannesburg.
A world class learning environment was planned for this campus and its facilities.
GIBS strives to maintain a place where hard work, inspiration, insight and hope are always at the forefront of their endeavours.
Sir Donald Gordon was the founder and chairman of Liberty Life and it was in his honour that this campus was named. This was in recognition of the support to the South African business community as well as a large donation afforded to these institutes.
The purpose of the Gordon Institute of Business Science is to significantly improve the competitive performance of individuals and organisations through business education.
- Doctorate in Business Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Company-Specific Programmes
- Forum and Conferences
- Dialogue Circle
- A lodge
- An Auditorium
- Free Wi fi access to the internet in certain areas of the campus
- Information centre
- Syndicate rooms
- Ethel Nyembe, director sales – Standard Bank , GIBS alumna.
- GIBS-Direct: Study on-line. Several courses for 2014 this year including Ethics, Project Management and Business writing
- My iGIBS- Interoperable Geographic Information for Biosphere Study (IGIBS)
GIBS was established in 2000 with an intention to prepare students for the local business market as well the world business community.
In 2009 GIBS was classified in the top 50 business schools for executive education worldwide, by the Financial Times of London.
GIBS was consolidated with the University’s Graduate School of Management and now GIBS offers programmes in Sandton and in Pretoria.
Created: ; Last updated: