The town of Alheit was named after the Reverend C. W. Alheit who started his ministry in the Schietfontein area in the year 1847.
He originally pitched his tent near the site on which the first parsonage was to be erected in the 1850’s.
Alheit was erected in the 1850’s and is today utilized as an information centre. The present parsonage opposite the church was built in 1912. It is flanked to the North and West with the L-shaped Rhenish school building erected in 1871.