The town of Trichardt was established on the farm Vaalkrans as a Dutch Reformed Church parish and received town status in 1906.
Trichardt was named after Carolus Trichardt, the eldest son of the well known Voortrekker leader, Louis Trichardt. Carolus lived on the farm Goedehoop, near Trichardt, for many years. When he died in 1901 he was buried in Middelburg.
Uit ons gallery
Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: