St Dominics Academy in Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal
St Dominics Academy is a leading Independent School with Christian values that aims to develop learners into well adjusted, balanced adults who are equipped for their futures.
St Dominic’s Academy is committed to providing a professional, quality education which aims to develop the full potential of all learners in the spiritual, academic, physical and emotional aspects of their growth.
Originally founded by the Dominican Sister, Mother Rose Niland, in 1891, St Dominic’s Academy has emerged as the leading independent school in Newcastle. The school caters for boys and girls from Pre-Primary to Grade Twelve.
The school maintains a Christian Ethos, although all cultures and religious denominations are welcome.
The majority of our students’ are day scholars, but we offer an excellent boarding facility on the school premises.
The school offers
- Small classes
- Guaranteed individual attention
- Computer training from Pre-School to Gr12
- Internationally accredited Independent Board Examinations for Gr12 learners
- Aftercare facilities until 17:00
- An amphitheatre (built by past learners)
- A fully equipped music centre
- A highly respected Art Department
- Floodlit tennis courts
- A wide variety of sporting activities
- Excellent boarding facilities (for both weekly and monthly boarders)
In 2014 there were about 527 enrolled learners, as well as 46 Pre-Primary learners.
The school also caters to 18 boarders (11 female and 7 male).
Kenmerke Toon alles
- Boarding School
- Dinaledi School
- Private/Independent School
- Public School
- Quids Up School
- Section 21 School
Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: