After several abortive attempts to establish a town in a prosperous region producing grain, sheep, cattle and fruit, the farmers living east of Winburg secured the support of the Rev. J. J. Marquard, the Dutch Reformed Church minister of Winburg.
His influence led to the establishment in 1905 of the town which bears his name.
Uit ons gallery
Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: