Fraserburg is a principal sheep-farming centre and is surrounded by vast sheep runs.
The town is bitterly cold in winter, with snow in the streets.
The famous six-sided "Pepperbox" in the centre of the town has been used as offices for the Municipality, Magistrate and church. Built in 1861, it was originally the office of the market master.
The powder magazine above the town was an ammunition depot for British forces during the Anglo-Boer War.
Geskep: ; Laas opgedateer: