Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West & vicinity, Western Cape
“The Sleeping Beauty of the Winelands”
Not as easily spotted as the wineries of Stellenbosch or Franschoek, the Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West is a little more “off the beaten track”. Somerset West is only 45 minutes from Cape Town and for those who dare to take the wine route a little less travelled they will find one of the most beautiful wine estates in the country.
This magnificent estate may be steeped in history dating back to the time of Willem Adriaan van der Stel in the 1700’s, but today it boasts one of the most technologically advanced cellars in the Southern Hemisphere. The Estate produces three choice ranges, namely the Winemakers Selection Range, Lourensford Estate Range and The River Garden Range. All varieties of wide can be found from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and Viognier.
Lourensford invites the whole family with plenty to do and see for all ages where guests get to enjoy the farm, learn more about the wine and experience some specialties you won’t always find on other wine estates. Pass the beautiful rose bushes on the edge of the vineyards and begin to experience Lourensford – enjoy a delectable lunch with most of the food sourced right here on the farm or if you feeling more energetic take a picnic basket along the trail to the Lapa. For coffee lovers, the Coffee Roasting Co. is a must see were beans from around the world are sold and of course your visit is not complete until you participate in a wine tasting with the whole family, kids welcome!
Things to do and see
- Standard Wine Tasting
- Kiddies Pairing & Tasting
- Chocolate & Wine Pairing
- Turkish Delight & Wine Pairing
- Winery Tours
- Lourensford Hikes (selected days)
- Coffee Roasting Company
- Lourensford Harvest Market (Sundays during season)
- The Millhouse Kitchen Restaurant
- Kids Playground
- Herb Garden & Fountains
- Functions Venue
There is no admission fee, however wine tastings are charged for and range between R30 and R65 per person. Booking is advised.
Cellar Tours are by appointment only.
Guided Hike costings begin at R80 per person and includes a bottle of River Garden wine.
Please contact the Estate directly to confirm all prices.
- From Cape Town International Airport take the N2 to Somerset West.
- Take the Broadway turn-off, Exit No. 43 towards Somerset West and Stellenbosch.
- At the traffic lights, at the Lord Charles Hotel, turn right into Somerset West Main Road.
- Continue straight through three sets of traffic lights.
- At the fourth set of traffic lights take a left turn into Lourensford Road (Land and Zeezicht).
- Follow Lourensford Road for approximately 4 km, past Erinvale Golf Estate on your left hand side.
- Just past the Erinvale Golf Estate turn left and follow the road to our main gate.
De notre galerie
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: