University of Zululand (UNIZULU) (Richards Bay Campus) in Richards Bay Central, Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
The Richards Bay Campus of UNIZULU was inaugurated in 2009 in the Municipality of Umhlathuze which is 172 km from Durban.
It was intended to provide new skills and knowledge by providing for courses that were applicable to the communities of the area as well as industry and the local and national economy.
The university has plans to implement new programmes Maritime Programmes and short courses in engineering that will be more relevant to the area in which it finds itself.
- Commerce Law & Administration
- Science & Agriculture
- A leading comprehensive university providing quality education.
- To provide globally competitive graduates, relevant for the human capital needs of the country, by providing quality education which upholds high standards of research and academic excellence
- Innovation: promoting attributes of excellence, creativity and discovery among students and staff.
- Teamwork: working together to accomplish a common goal.
- Efficiency: sustaining high levels of productivity.
- Accountability: subscribing to integrity and transparency.
- Mutual Trust: inculcating dependable and trustworthy relationships and mutual respect.
- Higher Certificate in Accounting
- Higher Certificate in Marketing
- Diploma in Management of Co-operatives
- Diploma in Logistics Management
- Diploma in Transport Management
- Diploma in Public Relations Management
- Diploma in Sport & Exercise Technology
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
The UniZulu Science Centre (USC) It consists of 130 interactive exhibits some of them having been produced locally.
The Centre has received many tributes for stimulating interest in Science, Engineering and Technology. The Centre is part of the University’s community outreach enterprise that is motivated to developing inquiring minds.
The Richard’s Bay Campus of the University of Zululand was inaugurated in 2009 and its development has been planned over a 13 year period in 3 phases
UNIZULU expanded its learning facilities to accommodate students who may want to study in the evenings and this Campus is achieving this goal. The goal was to provide the adequate skills for the industry of Richard’s Bay.
The last phase of the building of the Richard’s Bay Campus is envisioned for 2015.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: