La Plume Guest House in Oudtshoorn Rural, Western Cape
Place of rejuvenation and opulent indulgence, an unexpected oasis!
La Plume is a 1902 Victorian homestead on a working ostrich, alfalfa and wine farm. Set in the tranquil Olifantsrivier Valley it demands spectacular views of the Swartberg Mountains. It is a place of rejuvenation. It is an unexpected oasis. It is a place of opulent indulgence.
Our philosophy is exclusivity and extreme comfort with warm personal attention in a environment conducive to the art of gracious living. All wants and needs are addressed at La Plume. Individuals and couples, groups and families, are all catered for in a unique and special manner.
Like the vast open Karoo landscape, stretching from the veranda across the Olifant’s River valley to the foot of the Swartberg Mountains in the far distance, the suites and the luxury rooms at La Plume are spacious and a cool rampart against the hot Karoo sun.
Rich fabrics blend with the aromas of polished wood and tanned leather. Selected pictures bridge the chivalric charm of carefully selected antique furniture lovingly collected over many years and modern amenities so effortlessly blended by Karin’s elegant hand. The attention to detail that marks every room defines the La Plume experience – sumptuousness.
The rooms are not numbered, the rooms bear names – different types of ostrich feathers grace the doors to rooms, each with an individual unique signature of colour and aroma and furnishing.
- Superior Suite
- Honeymoon Suites
- Luxury rooms
- A family cottage with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 lounges and a kitchenette is available for groups or a family wanting space as well as privacy. This cottage can be turned into two separate luxury suites.
- You will be unable to resist the sparkling pool set among lush lawns and with never-ending views when you return after a day's activity.
- Then there are the dinners… the crown on a day of enrichment; delectable cuisine in peaceful rural surroundings, designed to satiate all the senses. Indulge yourself in the romantic ambiance of candlelit dinners with traditional ostrich fillet and other home cooked delicacies.
- A special surprise from time to time is when La Plume offers a view on the High Five - stargazing with a Southern sky expert.
- La Plume is a working ostrich, wine, cattle and alfalfa farm and a tour with owner Bartel, by prior arrangement, to see first hand the activities on a commercial farm, is a must for anyone visiting the Klein Karoo!
- There’s bird watching and hiking among the fynbos and rare succulents.
- Mountain biking and cycling.
- There are leisurely walks in complete safety and solitude.
- Take a balloon flight.
- Visit the world’s only meerkat conservation program where you can walk with these little “earth people” and be at one with nature.
The location puts guests within easy access to natural hot springs, nature and wildlife reserves, the Cango Caves, ostrich show farms and wine estates. (Ask Karin to prepare a picnic basket to take on your excursions).
De notre galerie
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: