Montagu Guano Cave Guest Farm in Montagu & vicinity, Western Cape
If you need a relaxing weekend away from home, or have the chance to linger longer during your holidays, Montagu Guano Cave Resort and Guest Farm is just the place for you, your family and your friends. The kids especially are just gonna love it!
Activities and facilities
- Tractor rides to Guano Cave
- Horse rides to the cave
- Cave expeditions
- Large Beach Pool with super tube and slides
- Rabbit World
- Pony rides
- Hiking Trails
- Animal petting farm
- 4x Beautiful Rock pools
- 2x Hot water swimming pools
- 1x Cold water swimming pool
- 1x Hot water kiddies pool
- Lapa and braai facility at pools for pool lunches.
- Open air amfi theatre
- Large play ground and Jungle gym for kids
- Coffee shop
(Open from 8am till late)
Entry fee: Adults - R30 / Children u/12 - R20
Allows access to:
- Our new "Rabbit World", including 6 different species of Rabbits, Chinchilla, Anaconda, Boa snakes, Gerbils, Guinea Pigs and different types of birds.
- Our coffee shop, play park and animal petting farm.
Additional cost activities:
- Horse/Pony rides (R50)
- Fishing (R25 catch and release, Black bass, Tilapia and Carp)
- Large Beach pool with super tube and slides. (R120 per person - limited entries per day. Residents free). No children under 10 without adult supervision. SPECIAL: R60 per person (Mondays to Thursdays in low season, not during holidays and long weekends)
(Special rates apply for Church/Youth and School groups).
Tractor trip to Guano Cave
(Not operating on Mondays)
Residents: R60 Adult, R40 Children Under 12
Day Visitors: R70 Adult, R50 Children Under 12
Time : 11am & 2pm
During High Season: extra trips at 9am, 12pm and 3pm
After an introductory video that provides informative information about both the bats that inhabit the cave and the cave itself, you will board a tractor-trailer combination for a trip that lasts approx 2.5 hours and takes you deep into the valley. The drive is leisurely and slow with the road getting progressively narrow as you enter the gorge. Here you disembark and walk a steep, predominantly concreted, slope of some 200m to the on-going excavations of the cave. Views of the gorge are inspiring leaving a good impression of the fauna and flora found in this region. At this location there is a three-tier staircase to the entrance where you will be guided a further 75m deeper into the cave. Four different species of bats live in the cave and some of these are easily identified in their natural habitat.
All pricing is subject to change, please phone the office and confirm.
5x Tented Family Units (4 pax)
Luxury cottage-style tented family unit sleeping up to 2 adults and 2 children. Open plan with 1 double bed and 1 double sleeper couch
5x Bush lapa Family Units (6 pax)
Semi-stone / canvas bush lapa family unit sleeping up to 2 adults and 2-4 children. Suitable for individual or group bookings.
Stone Cottage (6 pax)
Take in the fresh air and mountain views while having a braai on the undercover stoep. Stone Cottage can sleep up to 6 people
and includes its own kitchen and living area.
River Cottage (6 pax)
Two bedroomed cottage, main with double bed and second bedroom with double bed and two single bunk beds.
Camping and Caravan Park
31 Campsites. Bring your own tent or caravan and camp under the trees for a few days. Each site has an electrical point and tap. Come and enjoy our recently upgraded ladies and gents ablutions
De notre galerie
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: