University of Limpopo (UL) (Medunsa Campus) in Ga-Rankuwa Unit 2, Ga-Rankuwa, Gauteng
The University of Limpopo's Medunsa Campus can be found north-west of Pretoria. The grounds consist of 350 ha next to the Ga-Rankuwa Township with easy access by road, rail, taxi and bus services.
It is well positioned in the hills of Hwiti ( Wolkbeerg range) in Mankweng which is half way between Polokwane and Magoebaskloof.
- School of Oral Health Sciences
- School of Pathology and Pre-Clinical Sciences
- School of Health Care Sciences(MEDUNSA Campus)
- School of Health Sciences(Turfloop Campus)
- School of Medicine
- School of Education
- School of Languages & Communication Studies
- School of Social Sciences
Science & Agriculture
- School of Computational & Mathematical Sciences
- School of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- School of Molecular and Life Sciences
- School of Physical and Mineral Sciences
Management & Law
- School of Economics and Management
- School of Law
- School of Accountancy (SoA)
Centres of Excellence
- SAVIC - South African Vaccination and Immunisation Centre
- Limpopo Agro-Food Technology Station
- Centre For Academic Excellence
- Science Centre
- Frank Chikane
- Cyril Ramaphosa
The University of Limpopo was formed when the Medical University of Southern Africa MEDUNSA and the University of the North merged in 2005
In 1959 the University Education act promulgated the establishment of racially exclusive universities for black South Africans. Due to this act the University College of the North was established 30 km from Polokwane in the Limpopo province.
1 August 1959 saw the College being placed under the University of South Africa.
The College was changed to University status in 1970 after the University of the North Act no 74 of 1969 which was passed by the South African Parliament.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: