Lesedi Cultural Village in Cradle of Humankind, Gauteng
Discover the Spirit of Ubuntu
Lesedi African Cultural Village is located in the Cradle of Humankind (World Heritage Site) in Broederstroom, 45 minutes’ drive north of Johannesburg on the R512 (the Lanseria Road) and West of Pretoria on the main route to Sun City and Hartbeespoort Dam.
Our culture is the light of our nation – whoever walks here amongst our cultures at Lesedi can also see the light
The village consists of 5 traditional homesteads inhabited by Basotho, Ndebele, Pedi, Xhosa and Zulu tribes who continue to live according to tribal traditions.
When a visitor arrives at the village many residents, in full tradition costumes. welcome you with singing and much merriment, as is the African way of welcoming a guest.
Visitors who do not take the tour of the village may visit the craft market and have a drink at the Ndebele Shebeen.
Morning and afternoon programmes of two and a half hours offer the following:
- Guided tour of the five homesteads of the tribes mentioned above
- Lecture and multimedia presentation of the different tribes and traditions of south African people
- Traditional dance in the boma (large thatched building used for community gatherings) with incense toting medicine woman
- Visit the sangoma ( medicine woman or shaman)
- Conferences and team building facilities
- Craft market with top quality genuine African craft
- Hotel accommodation decorated in real traditional African style and modern African panache. The accommodation class and reflects the colour of the pas with the luxury of the present times
- Ndelbela shabeen and general dealer also catering for the market area
- Nyasma Choma Restaurant that serves ethnic dishes as well as pan African cuisine served with the warm African smile.
- The Fundudzi Bar or Ma Thabeleng’s Shebeen (African Pub)
- There is no charge to the craft market and the Ndebele Shebeen
- For a tour of the village with lunch please refer to their website under Contact Details
Please contact the village for details.
De notre galerie
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: