The 'Louis Trichardt' wagon arrived in Bethulie on 13th October 1938. To commemorate this symbolic trek an Ox Wagon Monument with a cairn forming the base, was erected.
The statue encompassing a wagon and oxen was made from smelted spent cartidge cases by H. J. J. Myburgh who unveilled the statue in 1940.
Sadly, in 2005 the oxen were stolen, and a decision was made to safe guard the wagon in the local Pellissier Museum. New oxen will be cast and housed together with the wagon, in the museum.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: