University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) (Westville Campus) in Westville, KwaZulu-Natal
Westville campus is situated about 8 kilometres from the Durban city centre and Pinetown. This campus is ultra-modern with top notch facilities and set in magnificent surroundings. Westville campus has a history of multicultural acceptance and the proof is a Hindu temple and an Islamic place of worship.
This campus is the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s official address and houses the Vice-Chancellor’s office as well as the offices of the Executive members and the University administrative divisions.
- Commerce & Management
- Health Sciences ( excluding medicine and nursing)
- Social Sciences
On-campus residences that accommodate 1810 students :
- S-Block-self catering
- R-Block-self catering
- P-Block-self catering
- O-Block (ladies only and not self-catering)
Off-campus residences - accommodating 713 students in fully furnished rooms :
- Bedford Hall and San Sabil - Hospital Road
- Dunstaple Heights – Varcity drive
- Santa Cruz (only for postgraduates) - Reservoir Hills.
Facilities at Residence
- access control
- television rooms
- parking space
- Facilities to buy meals - only at O block
This campus has impressive indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Athletics, aerobics, badminton, basketball, boxing,
- Ballroom dancing, chess, cricket,
- Gymnastics, golf, karate, netball, soccer,
- Jogging areas.
- Modern indoor sports complex
- Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Softball, squash, swimming, table tennis,
- Tennis and squash courts,
- Volleyball and weightlifting/body building
- Karthy Govender, commissioner for South African Human Rights Commission
- Malusi Gigaba, Minister of Public Enterprises in South Africa
- Pravin Gordhan, Minister of Finance
- Roy Padayachie, Minister of Public Service and Administration in South Africa
Westville campus was formerly the site of the University of Durban-Westville and starting operating in 1972 and was established as an Indian university.
In 2004 University of Durban-Westville merged with the University fo Natal forming the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Created: ; Last updated: