Tietiesbaai Beach Camp in Cape Columbine Nature Reserve, West Coast Peninsula, Western Cape
For those who enjoy rough and ready camping next to the sea and don’t mind no electricity points and only solar heated showers, the amusingly named Tietiesbaai Beach Camp is just the place for you! The beauty of the surrounds far overshadows any inconveniences you may experience.
With it`s distinct rugged West Coast Edge, the campsite at Tietiesbaai provides a diverse range of campgrounds to suit the tastes of every outdoorsman. Whether you like to camp in between the crowds at Tietiesbaai itself, (which is also near the ablution blocks) or find yourself a nice secluded spot along the rocky stretch of coastline with its numerous inlets and coves, you won’t go home disappointed. During spring, from August to September, the area is covered in a bright tapestry of wild flowers.
The possibility of a strong South Easter calls for sturdy tents, and if it gets too much, the delightful village of Paternoster is just 5km back down the track.
- Camping allowed : Caravans and tents
- Access road : Gravel
- Vehicle : Sedan
- Trailer : Standard
- Caravan : Standard
- # Sites available : 60
- # people per site : 6
- Surface : Grass and ground
- Power points : none
- Day visitors : 150
- Toilets : flush
- Showers : warm (solar energy)
- Lights : none
- Water taps : yes
- Braai : must provide your own
- Chemical toilets are recommended for overnight camping
- Swimming : in the sea
- Fishing : in the sea
- Kayaking : in the sea
- No bookings by telephone will be accepted
- Only those with a valid permit will be allowed to catch crayfish in the reserve
- No fish bait or seafood may be removed from the rocks
- No dogs allowed
- No motorcycles allowed
- No rubber ducks may be launched
- No vehicles allowed on the beach
- No plant or animal life may be destroyed
- Speed restriction : 20km/h
Please consult their website.
- From Cape Town take the R27 towards Vredenburg.
- From Vredenburg follow the R45 to Paternoster
- In Parternoster turn left (South) towards Tietiesbaai or the Cape Columbine Nature Reserve.
Tietiesbaai is 155km from Cape town and it will take you approximately 2 hours to get there.
From our gallery
Created: ; Last updated: