North-West University (NWU) (Vaal Triangle Campus) in Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng
Set in a proclaimed nature reserve on the banks of the Vaal River is this very well positioned Vaal Campus of the North-West University. The Campus serves two faculties with seven schools altogether and offers a wide variety of sports facilities.
In 2011 this campus saw the intake of 5 600 students from 15 countries enrolled in one of its faculties. It is recognised internationally for its high standard of education.
- Economic Sciences and Information Technology
- School of Behavioural Sciences
- School of Languages
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Education Sciences
Economic Sciences and Information Technology
- School of Accounting Sciences
- School of Information Technology
- School of Economic Sciences
There are 6 residences on this campus and 3 are found on the campus itself within walking distance the main buildings. The other 3 residences are located in Vanderbijlpark.
The residences on campus are located in a proclaimed nature reserve and each one is managed by a house parent and a house committee. They are also all self-catering if they do not make use of the cafeteria on the campus.
Facilities at the Residences
- Laundries fitted with washing machines and tumble dryers
- Communal living-room areas for socialising, watching TV or just hanging out
- Kitchen (including 2 or 4-plate stoves)
- Internet access (most of the residences)
- 24/7 Security to ensure the safety of the residents
- Bus transport for students living in off-campus residences.
- The Optentia Research Programme specifically tailored for the African context with the use of inputs form social sciences such as psychology, Social work and many more is to develop and organise knowledge for the optimal expression of individual, social and institutional potential, with specific interest in the African context. The research programme utilises the inputs from various disciplines in the social sciences, including Psychology, Industrial/Organisational Psychology, Educational Psychology, Sociology, Employment Relations, and Social Work.
- SGI-SA is part of the Faculty of Economic Sciences and IT and has developed innovative games for educational purposes since its commencement in 2011. SGI-SA is possibly the only institution of its kind in Africa but definitely the only one in South Africa.
Created: ; Last updated: