Montecasino in Magaliessig, Sandton, Gauteng
Gauteng's Premier Entertainment Destination
Montecasino is Johannesburg’s most popular premier entertainment destination. The multi-million gaming, retail and leisure complex, situated in the upmarket suburb of Fourways, Best Casino, Best Entertainment Complex
and Best Cinema Complex. Without a doubt, Montecasino is a must when visiting anywhere in Gauteng.
The complex was designed to resemble a Tuscan Village and from the road, it appears to be exactly this, an old weathered open air Italian village. Inside the village is a different story completely, visitors are presented with a very modern family entertainment centre with over 2 kilometres of cobbled walkways and three-storey buildings all covered with a massive roof painted Michel Angelo style. Montecasino offers something for the whole family from kids entertainment and no less than 15 cinemas to a state of the art casino, live entertainment and festivals.
The casino is accessible from three separate entrances and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week with over 1860 slot machines and approximately 70 tables available. Games include American Roulette, Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, Craps and also novelty games such
a Wheel of Fortune. There is a range of minimum and maximum bets available so first time gamblers as well as high-rollers are welcome.
What makes this entertainment complex so attractive is its variety of things to do as well as an array of shops, restaurants and activities that will keep visitors of any age entertained – there is even a choice of accommodation from 3-Star to 5-Star Hotels at the complex!
Things to do and see
- Casino & Entertainment Centre
- Montecasino Bird Park
- Montecasino Teatro
- Pieter Toerien Theatre
- Arcade Entertainment Centre
- Kids Creche
- Parkers Comedy Club
- Cantara Dinner & Dance
- Vintage Vargabar
- Cinema Complex
- Food Courts
- Restaurants & Coffee Shops
- Bookstore, Fashion, Jewellery, Candies, Novelty and Gift Shops
- Accommodation: Southern Sun, Sun Square & Palazzo Hotels
- Various Spa facilities
- Expo’s, Festivals & Events
- Conferencing & Event Facilities
Day visitors pay a nominal parking fee of R10 per car.
- From the N1 (Western Bypass) take the William Nicol Turnoff, turn right onto William Nicol Drive and drive in a northerly direction towards Fourways for approximately 3km.
- Cross over Leslie Road. At the next traffic light intersection (Kingfisher Road), turn right into Montecasino Boulevard. At each traffic circle you will find entrances into Montecasino on your left-hand side.
- The Gautrain bus Pick-up and Drop off point is at the 1st traffic circle, Palazzo Circle, more commonly known as West Drop Off. (Just outside the Palazzo Hotel/ Bird Gardens Entrance).
Created: ; Last updated: