Douglasdale is a modern middle-upper class residential suburb in Sandton, in the province of Gauteng. It is situated between the suburbs of Bryanston and Fourways and is often confused as being a suburb of Fourways. The eight-lane N1 freeway forms its south-eastern boundary with access at William Nicol off-ramp.

Douglasdale is built upon Douglasdale Farm, a large farm that was started in 1905 by Thomas Douglas and his wife Janet Alexander, who both immigrated to South Africa from Scotland in 1890.

They bought the farm on the Klein Jukskei River in Johannesburg and named it the Douglasdale farm. The farmhouse is one of the oldest homes in Sandton and was built in 1905.

In 1930 the family started producing milk as a hobby and in 1940 they began to retail their milk producing over 240 bottles of milk a day, by hand. In the 1950s, Douglasdale milk was delivered by horse and cart and later by delivery men on bicycles.

Today the dairy is responsible for 1.5% of the total country's milk production.