University of Pretoria (UP) (Groenkloof Campus) in Groenkloof 358-Jr, Pretoria, Gauteng
The Groenkloof Campus is the home of the Faculty of Education. This faculty offers initial and advanced training for education careers and serves students from the four corners of the world and is well known for its research and modernisation of teaching methods.
- Early childhood education
- Human movement studies education
- Social studie.
- Technology education and many more
- Library with a comprehensive collection of research journals.
- Postgraduate Research Centre
- Cricket Oval
- Rugby/Football field with flood lights
- Stadium with athletics track and rugby stadium
- 10 Netball courts
- 25 m swimming pool
- 8 Tennis courts
- Fitness and strength gymnasium
- Indoor multi-purpose sports hall
- 1902 - it was decided that there was a need for Normal Schools to educate teachers in Johannesburg and Pretoria. This was done in a house at 126 Rissik Street in the same year and it started with one student who was then joined by 18 others by the end of that year.
- 1903 - With a total of 40 students the Johannesburg Normal College as it was called closed and the students were transferred and assimilated into the Pretoria School becoming the Transvaal Normal College
- 1908 - The Transvaal University College was formed
- 1954 - Again renamed “ Onderwyskollege van Pretoria” or Teachers College Pretoria
- 1989 - Teachers college Pretoria inaugurated the new grounds in Groenkloof.
- 2000 - The University took over the Teachers Training College and moved the faculty into the Groenkloof Campus.
Created: ; Last updated: