Houw Hoek Coffee Shop & Restaurant in Overstrand Rural, Western Cape
Houw Hoek Coffee Shop offers fresh homemade food and friendly service in the countryside and is a must stop for anyone travelling from Cape Town along the Garden Route. The restaurant is situated on the N2 just before the famous Houw Hoek Pass that leads you down the mountains on one of the Western Cape’s most scenic drives.
At this farm fresh restaurant guests can expect generous portions of really well done country food, even the coffee comes in jumbo size. The wide menu range offers hearty breakfasts and freshly prepared lunches. The farm restaurant is renowned for their pies and if you don’t sit down for one at lunch time, be sure to take one or two with you, you will thank yourself later! Houw Hoek Coffee Shop pies were voted among the top 10 in the country by Getaway Magazine.
The restaurant has a loveable cosiness about it and the fire on a cold and misty day adds to the ambience. There is a wine menu offering a selection of Cape & Elgin Wines to either accompany your meal or for purchase in the wine cellar section of the Farm Stall. The cakes, sweets and pastries are to die for, so if your journey doesn’t allow you to stop too long, at least enjoy one of the delicious bakery treats with your favourite warm or cold beverage.
Things to enjoy, buy and savour
- Coffee Shop & Restaurant, serving breakfasts, light meals and lunches
- Highlighted Dishes include the Crispy Pork Belly, Homemade Fishcakes and Freshly Baked Pies & Quiches
- Selection of Elgin & Cape Wines
- Prepared Picnic Baskets
- Kiddie Grass Play Area
- offering farm fresh produce, preserves, jams, nuts, biltong and plenty more!
- Trout Fishing Dams, rods available for hire and limited trout fishing tackle is for sale
From our gallery
Created: ; Last updated: