Nqutu is strongly linked to the surrounding towns of Dundee, Vryheid, Newcastle and Melmoth.

The main transportation route through Nqutu Municipality is the R68 Linking Ulundi and Newcastle/Dundee. Other important roads through the municipality are the R33, passing through the northern part of the Municipality, the road passing east of Nondweni linking Vryheid with the R68 and the gravel road linking Nqutu with Kranskop.

The population of Nqutu is youthful, with only 5% over 65 years. Males make up 45% of population with the remaining 55% being female.