North-West University (NWU) (Mafikeng Campus) in Mmabatho Unit 5, Mahikeng, North West
Mafikeng Campus is very community orientated reflecting the NWU’s mission of “being locally engaged, nationally relevant and internationally recognised.”
It is situated in the capital of North-West Province and is the second largest of the North-West University campuses.
In 1913 enrolled 9 000 students and this figure represents students from 24 countries.
- Agriculture Science & Technology
- Commerce & Administration
- Human & Social Sciences
Facilities & Sports
- 17 different sports codes on the campus
- choral and multicultural drama,
- soccer institute that has promoted the sport locally and further afield
- table tennis.
Mafikeng has 6 residences on Campus and one off campus housing a total of 1 651 students.
This campus offers some programmes that are not offered in any other university in South Africa, namely :
- Two qualifications unique in the School of Agriculture and is offered by The Dale Beighle Centre for Animal Health Studies.
- A programme that is only offered at Mafikeng is The Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS)
- An applied radiation study offered by The Centre for Applied Radiation Science and Technology (CARST) is a forerunner in this field.
- Mr S T Plaatjie (posthumously) Doctor of Literature, D.Litt Date Conferred: 18/04/1998
- Kgosi L M Mangope Doctor of Laws, LL.D Date Conferred: 28/04/1984
- Ruth S Mompati Master of Literature, M.Litt Date Conferred: 20/04/1996
Created: ; Last updated: