Langebaan to Saldanha Downwind Dash in Langebaan, Western Cape
Every Water Enthusiast’s Dream
Langebaan and Saldanha are readying themselves for the 31st running of the prestigious Langebaan to Saldanha Downwind Dash, one of the biggest sailing events in the world.
The Langebaan to Saldanha Downward Dash was originally started for windsurfers, but has grown into a 20 km giant slalom challenge open to windsurfers, kites, catamarans, dinghies and even stand-up paddlers. The course runs from the beach in Langebaan and around four turning points before ending on the beach at the Saldanha Beach Sailing Club.
The Race is any water and extreme enthusiast’s dream come true and attracts leading international competitors. The Downward Dash however, is not only for the experts, but is also an open opportunity to water sports fans on all levels , juniors, family groups and leisure sailors to test their skills.
Bring the family and join in the fun, there will be plenty of beach fun, food and refreshments. The race is a beautiful sight to see!
- 20 km Challenge
- Prize Giving Ceremony
- Dash After Party
- Food & Refreshment Stands
- Registration at Marra Square Langebaan
- Ensure your timing tag is on your arm and exposed and ensure your race number is visible on your back. If the finish judges cannot see your number, you will not be recorded
- Please read the racing rules and guidelines on rescue before entering the race
- All tags must be returned immediately after the race, these will be collected by Beach Marshals
- Please hand in your tag at the end point to receive your medal, if you do not hand in your tag you will be disqualified
- If conditions are not favourable, the race will take place on Sunday, 8 January 2017
- Tide conditions are not favourable for a large beach finish, Kiters are requested to move along the Beach and drop their Kites as quickly as possible
- Extra Parking, Showers and Toilet facilities are next to the Club at the Caravan Park, Dial Rock Hall
Dates : Saturday, 7 January 2017
Times : Registration 09h00 to 12h00, Race Start 15h00 depending on wind conditions
Venue : Start: Langebaan Main Beach. End: Saldanha Beach Sailing Club
Enter : Entries online at https://www.quicket.co.za/ or on the Beach on the day of the race.
Prices : Online entries R350 per person
Additional family members R250 each
On the day entries R500 per person
Created: ; Last updated: