Market On Main in City and Suburban, Johannesburg, Gauteng
A must to see and experience within the inner city Maboneng Precinct; part of the rejuvenation of Johannesburg!
Market on Main on every Sunday is Johannesburg's leading food and design market, made for the people of Jozi by the people of Jozi. The Night Markets are held on the first Thursday evening of the month (excluding January).
Set in the prestigious Arts on Main complex which houses some of Johannesburg's leading Galleries and Artist Studios, the goal is to encourage inner city lifestyle, to teach lots about sustainable living, and to provide a relaxed and creative space for friends to spend their leisure time. The design and vintage section upstairs includes locally designed furniture, clothing, accessories and crafts.
One can picnic under the olive trees while enjoying Chinese, Ethiopian, Indian, Italian and Moroccan Food. Alternately, the typically South African dishes of Boerie Rolls, Bunny Chows and Snoek on Roosterbrood, will make sure you leave with a real flavour of what South Africa is all about.
The visitor can look forward to:
- Cut flowers
- Designer Products
- Fine Food
- Fresh produce
- Gourmet Goods
- Independent Beers
- Local Farm Produce
- Organic Produce
- Plants & Herbs
- Seasonal Items
Some of the Exhibitors you can expect :
- Bakerella by the Cupcake Factory : 50's style treats
- BeKind : Hand drawn illustrations on fine bone china & 100% recycled wrapping paper
- Gloss Flower Couture : Exotic potted orchids & bespoke bouquets
- Ikhofi : Fresh, roast dated beans & perfectly brewed coffee
- Inde-genus : Sustainable local design & fashion
- Jozi(Un)cooked : Raw & Vegan Food
- Kelly's Revenge : Homemade fresh chillies
- Little Addis : Ethiopian food & Coffee
- Made by Miss Poppysocks : Fashionable baked goods
- Monaghan Farm : Organic vegetables
- Parea Express : Meze, souvlaki in pita, baklava yoghurt & other Greek delectables
- Starving Artist : Healthy affordable meals & Snacks
- Troyeville Hotel : Breakfast fritatas & Prego Rolls
- Van der Poel Farming : Authentic Dutch cheese
- Wholesome Pancakes : Sweet & savoury pancakes
For the Kids
Further down the street Jozi’s independent cinema, The Bioscope, will entertain the kids while mum and dad relax and browse at their leisure.
- Sundays, 10h00 - 15h00
- Every first Thursday of the month, 19h00 - 23h00
Created: ; Last updated: