Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) (Summerstrand North Campus) in Summerstrand, Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth), Eastern Cape
The North Campus can be found right next to the South Campus in Summerstrand.
It was once the main campus of Port Elizabeth Technikon. The vice Chancellor also lives on this campus. This is a very beautiful campus with many indigenous gardens and can accommodate 6 000 students. It also houses the oldest arts school in the country which was established in 1873.
This campus also has a state of the art nursing facility.
Engineering, the Built Environment & Information Technology
This faculty is made up of three schools, and offers courses on the North and South Campuses.
- School of Engineering
- School of Information and Communication Technology
- School of the Built Environment
This faculty is made up of four schools, and offers courses on the North and South Campuses.
- School of Bio-molecular & Chemical Sciences
- School of Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Natural Resource Management
- The Letaba residence consists of ten double story units accommodating 34 students each making a total of 272 students.
- The Lebombo ladies residence consists mainly of double rooms with communal bathrooms and can house 216 students.
- Across the road from north Campus, the Student village can be found built around a student centre and has 264 self-catering units with its own kitchen and bathroom.
- Auto teller facilities
- Braai area
- Squash court
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Three story Library
- Unisex hair salon
- University Shop (University clothing etc)
- Van Schaik's bookstore
- Well-equipped conference centre
Created: ; Last updated: