Cape Town Cycle Tour & Expo in Green Point, Cape Town, Western Cape
SA’s Biggest Cycle Race
Formerly known as the Cape Argus Cycle Tour, the now Cape Town Cycle Tour is still arguably the highlight of South Africa’s road cycling calendar. The Cycle Tour is an internationally renowned bike race which has become more than just a sporting event, but also a tourist attraction.
Now in its’ 40th year, the recent name change was attributed to its global popularity and iconic status, being the only competitive cycling event outside of Europe recognised in the International Cycling Union’s Golden Bike Series. The race follows a gruelling 109 km route from the centre of Cape Town, travelling around the Cape Peninsula and ending in Green Point.
The 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour is scheduled to take place on 12 March and attracts approximately 35 000 entrants. The Cycle Tour Expo begins three days before the race and most visiting participants are accompanied by family and friends and therefore the Expo expects in the region of 76 000 visitors through its doors. Visitors are generally in holiday mode and the Expo caters not only for cyclists, but includes stands from biltong sellers and tasty treats to supplements, massages and all that is interesting to cycling, fitness and a healthy lifestyle. So, if fitness is your thing, cycling or not, the Expo is worth a visit!
- Please note that registration will NOT take place on the day of the race.
- Visitors who need medical attention, there is a First Aid area next to the Nashua Media and Management Centre in the Registration Area
- No parking in and around the immediate vicinity of the Cape Town Stadium
- Where possible, please use public transport to get to the Expo
- Bring your RaceTec/Winning Time Chip to gain once-off entry into the Expo
- The Expo covers a distance of almost 1.5km so wear comfortable shoes
- Disabled parking can be found at parking area P5 (opposite the Stadium) on Fritz Sonnenberg Road. Vehicles must show their disabled parking disc to gain access
- There are no ATMs within the Expo, only opposite the entrance on Fritz Sonnenberg Road
- For visitors who need medical attention, there is a First Aid area next to the Nashua Media and Management Centre in the Registration Area
- 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour participants must bring their RaceTec/Winning Time chips to gain once-off free entry to the Expo
Activities & Facilities
- 109 km Cycle Race
- Hospitality Tent
- Food & Refreshment Stalls
- Allocated Spectator Areas
- Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo
Dates : Cycle Race, Sunday, 12 March 2017
Cycle Expo, Thursday, 9 March to Saturday, 11 March 2017
Times : Cycle Tour Expo Thursday, 9h30 to 19h00, Friday, 09h00 to 19h00, Saturday, 09h00 to 16h00
Venue : Cape Town Stadium, Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point, Cape Town
Expo Tickets: online at http://www.capetowncycletour.com/
Race Entries closed on 23 August 2016 and no late entries will be considered
Prices : Race Participants, Free – bring along your RaceTec Time Chips
General Public, TBC
Children U12, Free
Created: ; Last updated: