Wild Coast Sun in Port Edward & vicinity, KwaZulu-Natal
Family-friendly & Fun Resort
The Wild Coast Sun, less than a two hour scenic drive along the South Coast from Durban, is set on 750 hectares of natural bush between the Mtamvuna and Mzamba Rivers. Although the resort is situated in the Eastern Cape, it is only a kilometre south of the KwaZulu Natal border and only 6 km’s from Port Edward.
Wild Coast Sun is one of South Africa’s oldest and most popular resorts that offers tourists a variety of attractions and activities that will keep the whole family entertained. There are plenty of outdoor activities like walks along the unspoilt beach, scuba diving, deep sea fishing and most popular with all ages the Wild Waves Water Park which was built in 2011! The rides are suitable for all ages and come in all shapes and sizes from the Aqua Loop, a body slide, and the Lazy Loop to various speed slides.
The Casino and entertainment centre not only attracts tourists, but brings through many day visitors to the resort. Slots are open 24/7 and tables open as early as 11am. Day visitors can also join in a fantastic game of golf at the Wild Coast Golf Course, ranked as one of SA’s top 18-hole courses.
Aside from many onsite activities, there are also local attractions to see and the PRO at the resort will be happy to arrange activities such as a guided walk to the Petrified Forest and Mzamba Cretaceous Deposits, a trip to the Beaver Creek Coffee Farm, an outing to do some market shopping at Mac Banana or Cow Shed Pottery Market or an adventure experience at Oribi Gorge Wild Swing!
Indulge in delicious food from the Food Court near the kids entertainment centre, chill in a cocktail bar or enjoy a fine dining experience – your every need will be well taken care of here!
Things to do and see
- Wild Waves Water Park
- Casino & Entertainment Centre
- Water Sports & Recreation
- Mangwanani Spa
- Epic Cinemas
- Wild Coast Golf Course
- Nature & Horse Riding Trails
- Theatre Extravaganza & Events
- Aloha Village & Magic Company – Children’s Activities
- Segway Tours
- The Border Post – River Activities
- Shopping & Restaurants & Cocktail Bars
- Guided Excursions to nearby Local Attractions
- Beach Fun & Whale Watching
- Hotel Accommodation from Standard Rooms to Luxury Suites, incl. breakfast. A Presidential Suite is also available
A nominal entrance fee is charged at the entrance for Day Visitors
All activities charged for separately, please confirm prices with the Resort directory
- Take the N2 South
- At Port Shepstone continue towards Margate until the road becomes the R61
- Pass Port Edward and travel 5.2 km further where the entrance to Wild Coast Sun is on the left.
From East London
- On the N2 between Mthatha and Kokstad turn right onto the R394 "Bizana/Port St Johns"
- Turn left onto the R61 towards "Bizana/Port Edward"
- Continue on the R61 to the entrance to Wild Coast Sun on the right.
Crée: ; Dernière mise à jour: