Reforest Fest Friends Weekend in Overstrand Rural, Western Cape
A Celebration of Music, Heart & Soul
Join Greenpop for its annual Reforest Fest Friends Weekend – a treevolutionary, eco-friendly and reforestation event which takes place in the magical Platbos Forest near Hermanus.
Reconnect with nature and enjoy a weekend rich with entertainment for all ages, under the stars! This is a special way to reconnect with nature, have plenty of fun with your friends while helping the forest and to let your imagination free with arts and crafts and morning yoga sessions!
Pitch your tent on the Friday and gently ease into the night under the ancient indigenous forest canopy with chilled tunes while bonding with friends, old and new, around the campfire. Saturday offers an action-packed day of planting over 5000 trees – you will be helping to restore an ecosystem that is one of the rarest and most endangered in the Western Cape!
The forest party is a way to celebrate your achievements of the day Enjoy superb live music, delicious food and more surprises! Sunday sees a day of resting the body and stimulating the mind with educational talks, workshops, yoga and forest walks.
Unplug from the rat race and your day to day stresses and enjoy a peaceful and fun weekend in the forest!
Things to do and see
- Tree Planting
- Forest Walks
- Yoga & Hula Hooping
- Arts & Crafts
- Forest Party
- Talks & Presentations
- Interactive Music Sessions & Instrument Making
- Talent Shows
- Treasure Hunts
- Grassy Spark
- The Steezies
- Don’t Poke the Bear
- Jews For Techno
Dates : Friday, 22 March to Sunday, 24 March 2019
Times : Starts: Friday, 14h00 Ends: Sunday, 14h00
Tickets : can be purchased online at https://www.quicket.co.za/events/
Prices : Adults, R425 (Phase 1) and R525 (Phase 2) p/person
Children (4yrs to 12yrs), R220 p/person
Toddlers (Under 4yrs), Free
Traveller Tent Set Up (optional), R650 per 2pax
Camper Van Parking (optional), R100
Cutlery & Crockery Pack (Rental) (Optional) R40
Transport to Festival (optional), R200 p/person
- From Cape Town, take the N2 highway towards Hermanus.
- Take the Hermanus turn off, drive through the town towards Standford on the R43.
- Drive past Stanford town and continue straight to Gansbaai - DO NOT take the Grootbos turn off (this was the route in previous years). This dirt road is not great this year.
- Drive THROUGH Gansbaai town, continue straight passing a little village called Franskraal
- Turn LEFT towards Elim (look out for the sign).
- Drive for approximately 7 km up and over a small mountain to the turn-off on your left as you descend the hill. This is a tar road that quickly turns into a dirt road and there will be a big sign for De Uijlenes. Turn left here and look out for our flags and signs for the Reforest Fest.
- Platbos FESTIVAL ENTRANCE will be on your LEFT before the real Platbos Forest entrance.
- Follow the sign boards until you come to the Festival Entrance. Drive up the fire break towards the festival.
Created: ; Last updated: